In this blog series, we are going to learn a lot about lead generation. We will start from the very fundamental to the very deep of lead generation. I am really happy to get your attention to learn something here not from me but with me. Yes, I am learning as you learn. Learning is something that we can never stop in our progressive behavior.
What is a lead?
A lead is something that leads you to the goal that you are looking for. For a business owner, his goal could be to sell a product. So a lead is something or someone who might buy the product. Here, the buyer becomes a lead to the business owner.
The lead is a combination of
- Email ID
- Phone Number
I would call a lead healthy when it comprises all these three things. And to make a note, never consider your social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube) followers to be your lead. It is very clear that they are called followers and not leads. Social media platforms are a great way for branding and awareness.
What is the target of Lead Generation in Digital Marketing?
Though there is a ton of ways to generate leads, the most strong and wise used way is as follows.
- Generate traffic to your website
- Convert those visitors into leads
- Convert the leads into customers
Why Is Lead Generation In Digital Marketing So Important?
For a business to grow, we need customers. To get customers we need to market ourselves and gain the attention of potential customers and advertise our services and what we can offer them.
Once a lead is generated, it can move into the further steps of nurturing and then be converted into a buying customer. One simple way to do this is a newsletter. But there are several unique ways in Digital Marketing not just to generate leads but to convert them into a customer.
What are some of the best Digital Marketing strategies of today?
- Website Optimization
- Running A/B Tests
- Search Engine Optimization
- Keyword Update
- Lead Magnet
- Video content
- Mobile application
- Social Media
- Live chat
This list can keep going until my space runs out for any more content.
Components of lead generation
Some of the key lead generation components are
- Lead generation database
- Supporting content and lead ready channels
- Analytics engine
These components could help you leverage the growth of your leads.
As we speak this, let\’s get into the most important steps involved in the process of lead generation.
Step1: We must always define our leads, an undefined lead generation will lead nothing but to junk.
Step 2: Once the lead is generated, the next process of aligning it with the sales.
Step 3: Build a strong roadmap with the inbound and outbound efforts.
Step 4: Now is the time the leads must be handled wisely to be nurtured and scored to become our customers.
Step 5: Measure and optimize the leads (Learn to use A/B testing, calls-to-action (CTAs), imagery, copy choices, and multivariate testing).
In time such as this, Covid 19 we also get the most incredible way to make lead generation better.
The Video Digital Marketing!
Did you know 54 percent of consumers want to see videos from the brands and businesses they support? This is the reason for more and more businesses are embracing video digital marketing strategies.
Companies utilize video marketing for:
- Increasing your brand awareness
- Establishing credibility and trust amongst the customers and in the market
- Enticing visitors to convert them into potential digital marketing leads to improved ROIs.
- Keeping their existing customers hooked and interested in what\’s new happening with your brand.
Webinars are taking over the world by storm, especially during the global lockdown during the COVID-19 pandemic. Some services allow you to broadcast both audio and visual content in real-time.
Google Hangouts, Zoom, and ClickMeeting are some of the webinar services that have gained popularity. This is the most cost-effective and efficient way for your business to increase your brand\’s outreach and interact with your consumers in real-time.
Other benefits of web conferencing include:
- Convenience – you can organize a webinar without worrying about preparations such as finding a hall, seating arrangements, receiving attendees, etc. All you need is to send out an invite, and everyone can attend from their remote location.
- Promotion – If you wish to promote your brand, products, and services, webinars give you a direct digital platform to speak with your target audience.
- Credibility – seeing you speak about your product and answering any questions posed by the audience can help establish your credibility amongst the masses. After all, having to hear it from a brand directly has to be better than just watching digital video marketing promo content.
- As you establish credibility, brand awarenesswill help you create or increase your brand\’s awareness via direct non-interrupted communication with your consumers.
- Budget-Friendly – webinars are cost-effective because you do not have to make any physical arrangements, spend money on venues, food, and other amenities. All you need is a laptop with a webcam, a reliable Internet connection, and you are good to go.
Speaking about the content, you must ensure that all your content is consistent, no matter which digital marketing channel you use. The content on your web pages, blogs, marketing campaigns, social media business pages, and other platforms must match.
Any contradiction or inconsistencies will most likely confuse your consumers, second-guessing whether to buy from your brand or not. Most importantly, it will reflect poorly on your business and harm your reputation and credibility in the market.